We are seeking solo project exhibition proposals from artists working within the book arts. Artists are to submit a project concept experimenting within the Book format.
This Exhibition Series is a competitive process and intended to provide artists with the opportunity to display the following type of projects created within the past 5 years:
- A recent body of work that demonstrates a cohesive artistic approach
- A recent body of work that demonstrates a cohesive theme, issue, and/or subject matter
- A site-specific installation
- A collaborative project that is theme or medium specific
The selected Featured Artist Projects will be given access to the Center's resources to support the production and curation process of the exhibition. In addition, the artist will be awarded a $1,000 stipend, an honoraria budget for a public programming and a budget for production, including a brochure.
Submissions should include:
- Contact form
- Short artist bio
- Artist CV (1-2 pages, pdf format)
- A 500-word solo project proposal indicating the visual and conceptual vision of the exhibition and public program.
- Up to 10 images of work samples supporting your proposal. If images are not available, please submit recent work samples produced within the last 2 years. Images should be uploaded in jpg format and should be a minimum of 800px and maximum of 1200px in either direction.
- A list of works with the title, year, medium and dimensions, with images of the works or illustrations.
Deadline for 2022 review: March 15, 2021
We accept submissions on a rolling basis. The review process will take place each year in March.
To review past Projects, see here.
Any other application questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org